Va Natural: Part II Making the Liquid Laundry Detergent





This post will be much shorter than the last... Just wanted to share the liquid laundry detergent... as I mentioned in the last post, my mom and I wanted to make both the powder and liquid detergents to see which product worked the best.  I'll let you know how they pan out.  


Grate 1/2 Fels-Naptha bar.




Add the grated Fels-Naptha to 2 cups hot water, over medium heat, stir until all of the soap pieces are melted.




In another large pot (or 5 gallon bucket) fill halfway with hot tap water and add 3/4 cup Washing Powder and 1/4 cup of Borax.  Stir until powders dissolve.


Add the melted soap mixture to the large pot that has the hot water, baking soda, and washing powder.    Cover the container and let sit overnight.  The next morning, you can add essential oils to make your laundry soap have a scent.  I tried eucalyptus.... fill a large container halfway with the mixture and the other half with water.  I used an old gain bottle.  The rest (my concentrate) I stored in a cereal holder I bought at Wal-Mart.... Remember, to shake it up before use and enjoy!!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts