The Focus of My Eyes...


~ * ~

The FOCUS of My Eyes

Ever hold something up close to your face?  It gets all blurry right?  It also inhibits you from seeing anything else but that object.  Hmmm.  I wish that I could focus my eyes on Jesus that easily.  It's so easy for me to let my eyes wander to other unimportant things... and my lack of focus often effects my thoughts, mood, and day.  



The bible tells us to, "Set [our] minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth" (Colossians 3:2). But so many times, I find myself thinking about the things of this earth--unimportant things that hinder my attitude, my mood, and my spiritual walk.  



I am trying to remind myself daily to, "...seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all [then all] these things will be added to you" (Matthew 6:33).  It's easy to focus on the things I want such as a house of our own, a different body or face, friends, or money.  It's hard to focus His kingdom, but I know I must do this in order to make it in this spiritual journey.



Finally, leaving with this final thought..."Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you" (Proverbs 4:25).  I think I am going to write this on sticky notes and put them all over my house--especially on my magazines (which I stopped subscribing to) and the computer.  That way I can stop viewing the "perfect people" in magazines and feeling inadequate... and I can stop viewing people's seemingly perfect life on facebook and feeling discontent with my own.  If my eyes are on Him, He's all I can see, and everything else is just blurry.


Comments

Popular Posts