Va Natural... Going Natural Part 1: Getting the Goods


Well ladies and gents, I am going natural and I don't mean hair color (haven't had that in ages) or without makeup!  (That would be an ugly sight for sure! haha)  I mean with cleaning products.  I've decided to put  my Pinterest addiction to use and I will be making homemade dishwashing soap, laundry detergent, antibacterial spray, all-purpose cleaner, bathroom cleaner paste, and air freshener.  Whew!  :) 


~ * ~

First, I found and researched a few different recipes for the homemade cleaning supplies I wanted to make.  Then, I decided on the ones that met my needs.  The hard part was purchasing all the ingredients.  I knew that this would prove to be a little difficult in the big ol' city of Royston, so I ventured into Athens with high-hopes.  Most of the ingredients were easy to find--I bought most of them: vinegar, baking soda, Epsom Salt, Citric Acid, and Borax from Dollar General, spray bottles and squirt bottles from Freds, and Castile Soap, Fels-Naptha, and Lemi-Shine dishwasher rinse aid from Publix.  The 100% Essential Oils proved to be more difficult to find and purchase. So, to save you visiting 5+ different stores in Athens trying to find them... I finally ordered them from Amazon.com.  I got a great deal, three 100% Essential Oils (Orange, Lemon, and Eucalyptus) for only $18.00!!  :)  This was much better than other places I looked to find essential oils online.

~ * ~

These boogers were the hardest to find, but the Castile soap and Fels-Naptha I bought at Publix and the Essential Oils I purchased online from Amazon.com.

~ * ~

Stay tuned for Part II: Making The Goods :)

Comments

Popular Posts