Coming Home


In nine days, the Castro family will be returning to the States after being away for over a year and a half.  Needless to say I am ecstatic and I know of one little girl who is anxiously awaiting some "farm" time with her "Gwanna" and "Pawpaw".  We will be staying for about five weeks and are looking forward to spending lots of time with family and friends and we plan on hopefully doing a little relaxing and rejuvenating.

After kissing the soil of the good ol' USA, I plan on doing the following (in no particular order):


1.  Giving all my family and friends an extra long hug.

2.  Introducing Gabriella to my daddy, brothers, and family for the first time.

3.  Sitting on my parents' front porch and listening to crickets and the country silence.

4. Going shopping with my mom, Nana, and sister-in-law.

5.  Driving.

6.  Speaking ONLY in English!!

7. Eating my weight in Japanese food. :)

8.  Dipping my toes in the Carolina sand and ocean.

9.  Spending time outside...enjoying trees, grass, and space.

10.  Catching up with friends.

11. Laughing and joking with my brothers.

12.  Eating my mom's cooking.

13.  Resting.

14. Sitting around my parents' big table with the people I've missed so much.

15. Soaking up every moment because I know how quickly these five weeks will pass.


Wait for me, I'm coming home to the red, white and blue! :)

Comments

Popular Posts