When Words Won't Come



I am a person that likes to talk, I am rarely at a loss for words.  If you don't believe me, ask my mom.  I often often deal with and process things by putting my thoughts into words.  I am a person that solves my problems by talking them through.  I am a person who loves words, uses words, and needs words.  Lately it seems, I have been at a loss for words.  There are things that I want to say, need to say, would like to say, but my words fail me.

 I feel forced into some sort of prison in which I no longer have my words.  I have thoughts, feelings, fears, questions, answers and the like swirling around in my insides, but I have no way to let them out.

Some call it writer's block, but I have found myself for weeks now staring at an empty page in my journal and at the blank screen of my computer.  I type a few words only to reread them and then to erase them.  I kneel to pray, whisper a few words and the words of prayers fall silent, I don't even know what to pray.  The words just won't come.  

The song "Say The Name" by Martha Munizzi keeps coming to my mind.  When you don't know what else to pray, when you can't find the words to say, say the name.  

So today, I am going to do just that.  I am going to say THE name.

Jesus.

JESUS.

JESUS!

Comments

Popular Posts