I Hope That I Never Forget and That I Always Remember



I hope that I never forget the way it felt to kiss the person I love for the first time...

That I always remember the butterflies and nervous anticipation.


I hope that I never forget the sight of my husband-to-be standing at the end of a very long aisle...

That I always remember he was waiting for me.


I hope that I never forget those blissful, smiling, happy, love-filled days spent clutching his hand, waking up feeling so lucky to be beside him...

That I always remember our honeymoon days.


I hope that I never forget the moment my daughter made her entrance into this world, the fear, the excitement, the pure joy of holding her in my arms for the very first time, knowing that she was here and okay...

That I always remember the way she looked so tiny and helpless and the way her skin felt against mine.


I hope I never forget the sleepless nights, the tear-filled days, or the seemingly overwhelming "failures" of being a first-time parent...

That I always remember those moments, where she lay sleeping on my chest, and all seemed right with the world.

I hope that I never forget to live life, to make time to smile, and laugh...

That I always remember that life is a precious, fleeting gift--with all its crazy, imperfections.



Comments

Popular Posts