To My Real-Life Prince


To My Real-Life Prince:

I too held high expectations of a fairy-tale wedding and a happily ever after... but, as these things don't exist, I'm thankful for you (my real-life prince) and for all you mean to me.  I don't tell you enough or show you enough, but I am thankful for you, my prince.


1. Thank you for loving me, the person that I am, with all my faults, flaws, and short-comings.

2. Thank you for seeing the good in me (even when I couldn't).

3.  Thank you for being willing to argue with me and to tell me when you think I'm wrong.

4. Thank you for your calm, steady presence--it calms my anxious, random soul.

5.  Thank you for believing in me, supporting me, and encouraging me to do the things I've wanted to do, the things I have to do, and the things I need to do.

6.  Thank you for loving God more than you love me.

7. Thank you for holding me when I cry and for telling me everything will be okay, even when you're not sure it will be.

8.  Thank you for being the father to my two beautiful baby girls.  

9.  Thank you for working hard--every day--to provide for our family.

10.  Thank you for your generosity and giving spirit.  It blesses me to bless others with you.

11.  Thank you for making me feel beautiful--even after babies, stretch marks, and extra weight.  Thank you for refusing to see me as I see myself, but for making me feel as though I'm perfect just the way I am.

12.  Thank you for the silly things you do--you make my heart smile.

13.  Thank you for your patience when my attempt to overcome moodiness fails.

14.  Thank you for being my partner, you truly share the responsibilities and duties of life with me.

15. Thank you for buying me lemonade and/or Gatorade (almost daily) these last few weeks of pregnancy.  

16.  Thank you for insisting that I "stay and fight it out" instead of fleeing like I tend to.  Thank you for making me deal with our issues and not run away from them.

17.  Thank you for your quickness to forgive.

18.  Thank you for your understanding the ups and downs with my transitioning into another country, language, and culture.  Thank you for supporting me in my good days and bad days, through the tears, smiles, and claims that, "I want to just go home".

19. Thank you for always holding me to the higher standard, even when I don't want to be held accountable.  

20.  Thank you for not giving me a happily-ever-after, but a real-life love and tale that continues to become better than any fairy tale I've ever read.  Thank you for giving me a secure life in which I am cherished, cared for, and loved.  Thank you for being my real-life prince in a world where princes no longer exist.  

All My Love,

    ~Me

Comments

  1. Made me cry.....beautiful- Elizabeth pisco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What can I say? He's a great guy! :) I'm a blessed girl.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts