Hurting, Broken and Lost



I know the betrayal, the hurt, the anger... the shock of what you're feeling right now.  I see the tears that slide down your cheeks and splash onto your pillow.  I know you feel stunned, empty and like you'll never be whole again.  I know you are full of conflicting emotions.  I know you play and replay the scenario over and over again in your head, wishing you'd said this or that you'd not said that.  I know you try to act like it doesn't bother you.  You put on a brave face.  You smile through your tears.

I know you're hurting.

I know you think about how this changes everything, that things will never be the same again.  I know the dull ache of loss that weighs down your fragile, shattered heart.  I know the physical ache you feel in your chest and that your dreams are full of what would've been, could've been or should've been.

I know you're broken.

I know you can't imagine things ever being right again.  The whole left behind feels to large to fill, the pain too strong to bear, the hurt overwhelming.  I know you cry in the shower and that you cry yourself to sleep at night.  I know you don't know where to turn, who to talk to or how to find your way out of the darkness you feel.

I know you're lost.

And as much as you don't want to hear this, it won't always be like this.  The sun does come out tomorrow.  The pain does lessen.  The wounds turn into scars that eventually, and with time, lighten and fade.  The anger and shock wears off and the sense of betrayal eventually fades away.

He knows your hurting and He holds the shattered pieces of your heart in His hands.   He treasures every tear that slips down your cheek and He sees the pain behind your smile.  

He knows your broken.  That you don't know how to begin filling the hole left in your heart.  He knows you find it hard to breathe and even harder to forgive.

He knows your lost, that you know longer know which way's north.  He knows you wander aimlessly in the darkness.

And He cares.

He makes all things new.  He makes beauty out of ashes and brings joy out of pain.  He fills the holes in our hearts and pulls us out of the overwhelming darkness.  He sets our feet on solid rock.  He takes the shambles of our heart and restores us.

He takes our pain and transforms it into purpose.

 

Comments

Popular Posts