Bienvenidos a Colombia (Welcome to Colombia)



Today marks our 12th day here in Colombia, South America.  It's hard to believe we've almost been here two weeks. Our first few days here have been relaxing, busy, tiring, restful, unproductive, and productive.  I've gone to the Immigration Office and filled out my paperwork for my resident ID card, we have looked at several apartments, we've been welcomed to the church and school, and Isabella has visited her soon-to-be daycare. Whew!  It has been a whirlwind! Sergio's family has been very kind, helpful, and hospitable while we have been here and we've really enjoyed getting to spend some time with them.

As of yet, I've not officially started work.  Last Friday, I was able to meet with the faculty and staff at Coleigo Cristianos El Salvador.  They expressed their excitement and anticipation for my coming and made me feel very welcome.  I have plans to go a day or two this week to organize my office and the school supplies that I had shipped.   I've spent my days learning how to hang clothes on a line, watching Luce cook some amazing Colombian cuisine, I've organize and reorganized our suitcases and room so that we can have room to sleep at night, I've also been watching my little monkey growing up way to fast, and reading as much as I can about bilingual education and about the International Accreditation Process that the school will soon be undertaking.  I have sweat more in the last two weeks than I think I have in my whole life and I have definitely been experiencing some detoxing symptoms and acclimation symptoms in my body, heart, and mind.  But, the Lord is truly giving me a peace and a joy.

Sergio has attended several meetings and events with several of the local pastors in the area and has also worked in the church office a few days during the week.  He's been busy taking care of our medical insurance, paperwork, and other odds and ends.  He's already preached once and seems to be finding his way among the congregation, office staff, and all the hoops we've had to jump through.

I promise to post some pictures in the next blog post.  I've been taking some pictures here and there, but have forgotten to upload them as of yet.  I am still working on a monthly update template that we will be sending out by email.  If you are interested in joining our mailing list, please email us at: thecastros.colombia@gmail.com

Leaving with this last thought, today I was reading in Psalms and the following verses  really stuck out at me.  I'd like to share them if I may:

I have set the Lord always before me.  Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.  Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also rest secure (Psalms 16:8-9, NIV.

Setting out on this journey has been a huge step of faith for me. But I have truly had to learn to set the Lord before me.  I have truly felt His strong, steady arm around me, and I have had supernatural joy and peace while here.  I am thankful that through knowing Him I can be at rest and secure.


Thank you for all your encouragement, prayers, and support.  We have truly felt them all here with us.

xoxo,
Kristi, Sergio, & Isabella

Comments

Popular Posts